Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
Reading with Rocky
We are delighted to share the news that our school will be taking part in a scheme which involves children reading with a dog. With thanks to this voluntary organisation see more here https://johnburnsfoundation.org/story/burns-by-your-side/ . A small number of children will get the opportunity to read for 15 minutes each week with Rocky. The whole school met Rocky yesterday in a special assembly where he impressed us hugely with his self-discipline, cleverness and gentleness. We learnt 5 golden rules about relating well with dogs, ask your children if they can remember them.
Our focus for the month of January is yoga. If you would like to practise some yoga at home as a family, please find lots of resources here
Pupils have really enjoyed learning and practising yoga moves as a way to enhance wellbeing and calm our minds. Please find some photos below of children practising different yoga moves.
Also, this week
Naomi/Aisling’s 4th Class’s Haiku Poems (see below)
Both 2nd classes were enthralled by a talk and Q&A on Africa by Thomas’s mum, thank you Nicole. Nicole was pleased with the quality and quantity of questions asked. Well done all!
Dee’s 1st class had great fun making Origami rabbits for Lunar New Year with the help of 6th class.
- Please arrive to school on time as many classes are doing circle time and other learning activities at 8:40am, coming in later than this disrupts the whole class learning and means your child is missing out.
- Please use Park ‘n Stride on Griffith Avenue passed Ballygal Road junction.
- Bank Holiday: Monday 6th February 2023 – School closed
- Mid-Term Break: Monday 13th – Friday 17th February 2023
- For Primary Language Curriculum Training school closes at:
- 12pm on Friday 3rd February 2023
- 12pm on Thursday 16th March 2023
- School Photographs will be taken on 14th March 2023
Frása na Seachtaine:
“Tá an ghrian ag taitneamh” – “The sun is shining”