Meeting Attendees: Aga, Annaba, Anne Marie , Ciaran Rehil, Emily De Grae, Grainne , Lisa Anderson, Lisa Madden, Marena, Martin, Neal , Stephanie and Niambh.
Apologies: Louise, Lisa D and Máire
- Autumn Fair 2018 – Review
- There was a fantastic turn out for the autumn fair. This was the biggest ever event, and this is a credit to the whole team involved. Thank you to all volunteers involved.
- The PTA has received a lot of feedback on the event which will be reviewed in details. The event, and the feedback were also discussed with the Principal and Chair of the BOM at the PTA & School Management meeting.
- The AGM of the GETNS Board of Management is on the 28thNovember and parents are encouraged to attend.
- PTA Annual Budget
- The budget allocation for 2019 was reviewed, with some amendments suggested from 2018.
- Steam Activities
- The PTA STEAM Sub Committee have been really busy, and lot is happening in the world of STEAM.
- The ‘Hour Of Code’ is a grassroots movement to empower every student in every school worldwide to learn to code. Through this volunteer-based program, students from around the world have learned an Hour of Code, a free one-hour introductory course designed to demystify computer science and demonstrate that anybody can learn the basics. If you are interested in volunteering submit your details to https://goo.gl/forms/GImOgCLlZiUK9owM2
- The PTA STEAM Sub Committee are working with the school to bring the mobile planetariumto the school.
- Annaick and 5thClass are participating in ESB Science Blast.
- PTA Constitution & GETNS Communication Policy
- Amends to PTA Constitution are still in progress. This will be circulated to parents/guardians prior to being ratified at a PTA EGM date TBC
- PTA Chairs liaising with BOM on the Communication Policy
- School Website
- The new school websitewas discussed. Teachers and the PTA will update the website with upcoming events, school information and with updates from the PTA meeting and parents are encourage to use the Website as a key source of communication about school activities going forward.
Next Meeting: Tuesday 4th December