Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
We were all very sad to say goodbye to the wonderful Dave, our colleague of the last 4.5years, at the end of Term 1. Dave worked closely with the current 6th class over this period, making strong bonds with pupils and staff. He came to us with extensive experience and shared his skills generously. Thank you Dave and we wish you the very best of luck in your new job in Gracepark ETNS.
We warmly welcome Katrin on board, who will be joining the staff as of tomorrow.
Parking Warning from DCU Alpha Campus
I’m sorry to pass on that I have received an email with photographic evidence from DCU in relation to parents parking on their premises which is blocking access. For safety reasons and out of respect for our neighbours please do not to park on the DCU Alpha Campus.
Clamping or towing of cars is likely to occur if we don’t heed this message. Thank you.
Mission Statement Review
As we celebrate our 20th anniversary, we are reviewing the school’s Mission Statement. To date teachers have carried out a circle time activity to gather pupil views and I will be working with 6th class pupils in the coming weeks to consider all the feedback received. We invite all parents to contribute to this review. Please read the existing Mission Statement (unless you know it inside out already ) and email your views/suggestions for improvement to [email protected] by the end of February. The aim is to reflect as clearly as possible our vision as a school: for the Mission Statement to be something we are all familiar with and is evident when you walk into the school.
HSE Sun Smart Information
The Senior Health Promotion Officer/Cancer Prevention in Community Healthcare Organisation, Dublin North City and County is working on the implementation of the National Skin Cancer Prevention Plan. As part of the plan children and young people are considered a high-risk group as they are particularly vulnerable to UV exposure. Severe sunburn during childhood (3 or more instances before the age of 20) is associated with a 2-4 times higher risk of developing melanoma in later life. Yet, the “Children’s exposure to ultraviolet radiation – a risk profile for future skin cancers in Ireland” report found nearly 90% of 10 to 17-year olds said they have experienced sunburn in their lifetime. Please click on this video to learn more.
- Please arrive to school on time as many classes are doing circle time and other learning activities at 8:40am, coming in later than this disrupts the whole class learning and means your child is missing out.
- Please use Park ‘n Stride on Griffith Avenue passed Ballygal Road junction.
- Bank Holiday: Monday 6th February 2023 – School closed
- Mid-Term Break: Monday 13th – Friday 17th February 2023
- For Primary Language Curriculum Training school closes at:
- 12pm on Friday 3rd February 2023
- 12pm on Thursday 16th March 2023
- The buzzer on the pedestrian gate is not working. Until it is repaired, for access during school hours please call 0861381823.
Frása na Seachtaine:
“An geimhreadh atá ann” – “It is winter”