Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
Early Closing on Wed 19th February
To facilitate ongoing Primary Language Curriculum training, the school will close at 12pm on Wednesday 19th February.
Credit Union Schools Quiz
Well done to the children from 5th and 6th classes who took part in the Credit Union Schools Quiz in St. Patricks BNS Drumcondra last Friday with one of the 6th class teams coming joint 2nd.
Martin Needs Your Help!
Martin will be in the school at 9am tomorrow to spread mulch around the grounds, much help is needed as it won’t shift itself!!!
Road Safety Awareness Week
This is a whole school community initiative to keep our children safe. Thanks to all the parents, Louise, Síofra, Amanda, Rosie, Christine, Neal and Richard, who helped with the Road Safey Week, in the cold mornings and sunny afternoons.
Our main road safety rules are:
• No parking in school grounds am or pm. Permit holders only can park in the designated area on the far side.
• Drop off procedure in mornings – DO NOT PARK and leave your car – this will cause a traffic back up or force parents to drive around your car which could cause an unnecessary accident.
• Slow Down! Please note the speed limit is 5mph within the school grounds.
• If parking along Griffith Avenue please do not park anywhere near the gates of the school or too close to the pedestrian crossing. This is hazardous.
• Always give way to pedestrians, be alert to children who can be unpredictable.
• Every individual (staff, parents and children) has a responsibility to have consideration to other motorists and pedestrians in order to keep all our children safe.
Thank you to our hardworking well-being team, Lisa, Naomi, Danielle, Aoife and Maeve.
Following feedback from the school community, in an effort to enhance the well-being & happiness of everyone at school, we are focusing on new rewards and fair & consistent sanctions led by pupil voice.
• From next week, we will be implementing a daily reward in each class in the form of a ‘YAY-A –DAY’. Students will be told why they received this.
• Our behaviour focus for next month is ‘Greetings & Good Manners’. Teachers will individually reward students who are modelling this behaviour and one class from the junior & senior end will be chosen at the end of the month for a whole class reward n the form of extra PE/yard time.
• Clear & consistent steps to follow when students do not follow school rules in class & on the yard have been shared with all of the students. These are based on our behaviour policy have been made in consultation with students. This is so that everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be in school and that there is a clear, fair & consistent approach being followed by everyone.
Active School update:
• Last week we tried out ‘Feel Good Fridays’ where we blasted some of the students’ favourite songs in the yard at big break. The students loved showing off their great dance moves! We will aim to do this every fortnight from now on!
• Our Friday run is still very popular and lots of our students are super speedy
• Our yard is now more active than ever as each class has an opportunity to play with skipping ropes, hula hoops & to take part in games with the giant parachute. They can also choose to play a basket-ball game. We will be changing the yard games every month.
• Our [email protected] initiative was a huge success! This month’s initiative will be Active Lines led by the teachers on the Active School Team. The teachers will lead the children in a set of fun exercises every day after big break in the yard.
• Thanks you to all parents who filled out our ASF/PE survey. Anyone who hasn’t – there is still time! It only takes a couple of minutes! Please follow the following link:
• Remember to check out our ASF website to keep up to date with all that is going on!
Registration has ended and confirmation emails will be sent tonight. Many classes are now full, with waiting lists, but there are still limited spaces available in Tin Whistle (Fridays, 1st-6th), Drama (Tuesdays, 1st-6th), Dance (Mondays, 1st-6th), and Spanish (Wednesdays 3rd-6th and Thursdays SI-2nd). To register you will need to email [email protected] as soon as possible.
The photographer will be in the school on Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd of March to take individual and class photos. A permission slip will be emailed home to all parents. Please print the slip, complete and return it to your class teacher. You can get a copy of the permission slip at the office.
• If you know anyone looking for part-time cleaning work please let the school office know.
• School closing early on Wednesday 19th at 12pm.
• Junior Infant vaccinations on 27th February
• School Photographs on Monday 2nd March
Frása na Seachtaine: “Feicfidh mé amárach thú”- I’ll see you tomorrow!