19th October 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians / A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
Funky Friday Hairdo Day
Thank you all for participating in ET’s One Day Together – we raised €296.84 – well done!
Fantastic news!! The girls’ team won their match today and are through to the final in Croke Park next week! Well done to all the team and Katherine – details to follow as soon as we have them!
Autumn Fair – please see attached. Thanks so much to Lisa and all the team who are working away furiously in preparation for the spookiest, best Autumn Fair ever! We need everyone to come along on Sunday – be there or be square!
HSE Hearing & Vision Testing
The scheduled visit for Monday and Tuesday 23rd and 24th October for Senior Infants has been cancelled. As soon as we receive a new date we will let you know.
The following children were awarded Random Act of Kindness and Respect Awards:
Junior Infants Aine: Emma Junior Infants Sorcha: Casper
Senior Infants Katherine: Aaron, Oisín, Caoimhe Sen Inf Clare: Bowen
1st Class: Tadhg 2nd Class:Leela
3rd Class: Oscar 4th Class: Emily
5th Class: Mia 6th Class:Martha
ALC Danielle: Caimin ALC Pat:Aaron
Junior Infants Aine: Danny Junior Infants Sorcha: Parker
Senior Infants Katherine: Sam, Conal Senior Infants Clare: Sadhbh
1st Class: Alessia 2nd Class:Alan
3rd Class: Jenna 4th Class: Sarah
5th Class: Ross 6th Class: Louis
ALC Danielle: Devyn ALC Pat:Davin
Frása na Seachtaine: “Oíche Shamhna Shona Duit” – Happy Halloween
Róisín Conlon, Príomh Oide
SUNDAY 22nd OCTOBER 12PM TO 3PM
With days to go to the fair everything is taking shape and fingers crossed the weather will go our way too! It’s going to be a great day and that’s due to the support that has been offered by over 100 volunteers who have kindly volunteered their time to the 2017 GETNS Autumn Fair. So now it’s up to you. Come and enjoy the fair and ask your friends, neighbours and family to support us too.
- Children’s Raffle Tickets This years’ kids raffle has some great prizes. Tickets will, of course, be on sale on the day of the fair. But we’ll also be selling them at the school tomorrow (Friday 20th Oct). We’ll be outside Karen’s office before school and at 1.20 and 2.20. Tickets are 50c for 1 strip or 3 strips for €1. Prizes include a giant Beanie Boo, vouchers for the Gaiety School of Acting, TR Basketball Academy Halloween camp, panto tickets, tickets for Jump Zone and Dublin Indoor Football, an ice cream maker, a ukulele, DVDs and more.
- Don’t forget to bring your carved or decorated pumpkins for our contest on Sunday
- Let us know if you can stick around after school to help at set-up on Friday at 2.20pm or after the fair for clean-up. These are both huge tasks so if you can help at all, please do! (Only volunteers who have emailed us prior to Sunday can volunteer on the day itself).
- Please return all raffle tickets SOLD OR UNSOLD by Friday 20th October at the latest. There are still some available to pick up at the office or onlinehttp://tinyurl.com/getnsfair which is a great way to support the school if you can’t make it on the day. IF YOU CAN’T MAKE THE DATE, PLEASE DONATE
- Come hungry to the Fair! Lots of Food Stalls. All baked or shop-bought cakes, buns, sandwiches gratefully accepted. Drop them to the school on Sunday morning(contact: Irma McLoughlin [email protected]).
- Still time to book to have a holistic treatment or take part in our yoga class please email Rosie if you’d like a slot – [email protected]
- Beauty Bar – let us pamper and preen you at the Fair this year – have your hair styled or braided, your nails or face painted or maybe just a tattoo or transfer to show off to your friends
- We’re still accepting donations for all stalls
- The 2017 Autumn Fair Map will be displayed all around the school tomorrow and available on the day at the gate.
Lastly, a huge thanks to everyone who has volunteered and donated. This is the biggest fundraiser held by parents in our school and a great opportunity to get involved in your child’s school.
The Autumn Fair Organising Committee
(2nd class parents)