Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
School Secretary’s Campaign
We will support our school secretary tomorrow morning from 8:15am for an hour. Some staff, 6th class and some parents will stand outside the school gates to represent the whole school. Our secretary always goes above and beyond to welcome families and children to school every day creating a warm and nurturing environment from the front door. On top of this she is tasked with admin duties which can at times seem endless. The Government currently denies basic employment rights like sick pay, holiday pay or a pension after a lifetime of service. If you want to have share your concerns about this situation we would encourage you to email your local constituency representatives.
Hosting a visit from UK Educators
Paul Rowe, CEO of ET, visited the school today along with a number of educators from the UK and they were very impressed with the classes they visited, Sorcha’s Junior Infants and Colm’s 6th Class and the atmosphere in the school in general.
We had a great talk from Zeeko with the children, staff and parents benefiting from their insights into staying safe online.
The girls had a great win at their football match yesterday against D7 ET and the boys are playing in Erins’ Isle this afternoon. Well done everyone!
Climate Change Protest – Clown Theme
Tomorrow, Friday, there will be another children’s climate protest in Albert College Park from
11.30am to 12:00pm.
Health and Safety
• We remind all children that they should refrain from riding on scooters and bikes at collection time.
• Reminder that the school gates will be closed at 2:30pm and we request that no children are left unsupervised at collection time please.
We are dlighted to say that the Green School Committee, Active Schools Committee and Student Council will all be up and running by next week and best of luck to all the representatives.
• School Closure for Primary Language Curriculum training on Monday 30th September 2019.
• PTA AGM Thursday 26th September 2019
• Please see letter attached re Aladdin Connect App for Parents
• Hosting of National Educate Together Forum on Saturday 12th October 2019.
• Highlight of the Term: Awesome Autumn Fair Sunday 20th October 2019. Thank you to all the parents who are already working furiously on this, every bit of help reduces the load.
Frása na Seachtaine:
AUTUMN FAIR – Sunday 20th October, 12:00-3:00pm
It is almost here: Autumn Fair is just 31 days away and the race is now on!
Autumn Fair is the biggest fundraiser organised by the school each year. Money raised goes to activities and equipment used by our children; this year we are raising funds for new sports day equipment and STEM.
We are looking for help across all areas, starting with the all important raffle prizes, to people helping out on the day on the numerous stalls we have. If you have a business or work for a business that can donate a prize for our raffle, that would be much appreciated! All prizes are welcome.
If you have some time to spare, please get in touch and we will let you know how you can help, both in the lead up to Autumn Fair as well as on the day itself. The fair is open to the public for 3 hours but we need help before and after on the day.
We are also looking for TALENT! If you have any skills that you think could be useful to help us raise money, once again get in touch. We are particularly looking for children’s entertainers, artists, chefs or people knowledgeable in the food sector, etc, etc. If it’s important to you, it’s important to us! And if you can make things that can be sold, please feel free to do so. These can include foods such as jams, as well as hand made things, such as knitted items, potted plants, and any other crafts.
In a few weeks we will also be looking for donations for our stalls. For now start collecting your unwanted valuables and we will let you know when you can start donating. Keep an eye on the PTA facebook page as well as on emails sent from class reps for regular updates.
We THANK YOU all for all your suggestions and help so far!
The Autumn Fair Committee
Our school is delighted to announce that we will shortly roll out the Aladdin Schools Connect to parents/guardians of children in our classes.
The school uses the Aladdin Schools software service www.aladdin.ie for administrative purposes and Connect will give you secure access to messages from the school and to details of your child’s attendance, reports cards etc via secure login from your internet browser or Aladdin Connect App
Aladdin Connect is a fantastic way to enhance a school’s communication with parents. It enables parents to stay connected and informed about their child’s education by:
– Ensuring that the school has their most up to date contact information
– Allowing schools to gather permission(s) from parents
– Allowing parents to quickly and efficiently select preferred slots for parent teacher meetings
– Keeping parents apprised of their child’s attendance
– Keeping parents up to date on school and classroom news via noticeboard messages
– Allowing parents to view what items their child had for homework today
– Allowing parents view their child’s approved report card
Along with strengthening our home/school partnership, we also envisage Aladdin Connect helping the school by:
– Helping to improve attendance by allowing parents to keep track of any school days their child may have currently missed, along with late arrival and early leaving information.
– Helping to reduce the amount of class/school notes being sent home
– Helping the school/ teachers communicate with parents when the need arises
– Reducing costs by eliminating the need to send school report cards by post
– Reducing costs by reducing the number of text messages that need to be sent
You can rest reassured that Aladdin Schools uses state-of-the-art security to safeguard information entered by the school and data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish and European data protection laws.
Next week, you will receive a text/email message containing your registration link. There will be one link per parent which will allow the parent to access information for all their children in the school from one user account. Please do not forward this text/email or share this link as this is a unique registration code for each parent for your child/children in this school. During registration you will choose a password that will be used in conjunction with your email address to securely access the Aladdin Connect going forward. Once you are registered you will be sent an email with links to download the Aladdin Connect App for your mobile device. The main advantage of using the App is to receive immediate alerts for app messages sent by your school. Downloading the App is highly recommended to enhance both the parent and school’s Connect experience.
By default both parents will have access to view their child’s contact information. If for any reason you do NOT wish to share your own personal contact information within the family circle or if you have any concerns regarding your particular family setup please contact the school in confidence to discuss or have this facility restricted.
In preparation for this please let the school know if your email address or phone number has changed recently.
We hope that you enjoy using Aladdin Connect. Your class teacher, the secretary or myself will welcome any feedback or questions you may have.