Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
School Secretary Industrial Action
The industrial action is ongoing until further notice from the union. During this action secretaries will not use the Department of Education website to
• Update pupil information
• Make staff salary payments
• Update attendance records
• Communicate Financial information
School secretaries are not using the local administration system in the school called Aladdin. This will mean that
• communication to parents from the school using the Aladdin system will be limited during this time.
• updates on waiting list numbers for Junior Infants 2020 intake cannot be facilitated
• new pre-enrolment applications cannot be recorded on the Aladdin system.
Everything else is normal business in the school office. Please remember to use the contacts provided if you wish to complain about the impact and to support this essential campaign.
Further Commencement of Education (Admissions to School) Act 2018
The Department has just announced further commencement of the Education (Admissions to School) Act 2018. From the 1st February 2020 all schools must cease to take pre-enrolment applications for the 2021/2022 school year and subsequent years. Please note that all existing pre-enrolment applications will remain on the waiting list.
As you may be aware, we recently amended our policy in relation to eligibility of enrolment in line with this Act. We are currently reviewing our Enrolment Policy further to amend the procedures for enrolment.
Positive Behaviour Policy
Following extensive discussions and meetings we have updated the Positive Behaviour Policy prior to being ratified by the Board this school year. I’ll email it to all families. Further feedback is welcome between now and Monday.
Mark will be in the school tomorrow to give training to Junior Infants, 2nd and 3rd classes. Please wear/bring your runners to school.
The HSE’s Under the Weather website has been updated recently www.undertheweather.ie with information on common illnesses. The website focuses on reducing the use of antibiotics and empower people to self-manage simple illnesses such as colds, coughs, sore throat, ear ache, rashes and flu.
There are some new posters on the Community Noticeboard relating to hand hygiene and the HSE welcomes your feedback and comments in relation to this.
A sum of money was found on Tuesday morning in the school grounds. Please contact the school office.
• There are already a number of items in the Lost Property box, please check. Child’s bracelet was found on path outside school on Wednesday, call to the school office.
• Road Safety Awareness Week is coming up
• Junior Infant vaccinations on 27th February
Frása na Seachtaine: “Tóg go bog é” – Take it easy