Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
Please see ratified policies following the last Board meeting of the year. Thanks very much to Lisa for all her work on the Fire Safety policy.
Fire Safety Policy
Protected Disclosures in the Workplace Policy
Thank you to our superb BoM for all your work throughout the year. I would like to acknowledge the significant contribution of the running of the school by volunteers. The Board of Management have oversight over all aspects of the running of the school, giving generously of their time, expertise, wisdom. I am very grateful to each member.
Gracepark ENTS Official Opening
It was a delight to attend Gracepark ENTS’s official opening today. It was a very impressive and moving launch of their stunning new school. All of the children preformed a series of dreams through music, movement, visual art and words which illustrated beautifully the essence of ET’s values.
We had another wonderful Art Day this year! A HUGE thank you to all of our amazing parent volunteers. What a creative magical day! The kids had an absolute ball! Please find some snaps of all the fun here. Lisa
Top Notch Pop-up Restaurant
A highlight of my day was a trip to our pop-up restaurant with head chefs Henry and Mia, best three course meal and service I’ve enjoyed in a while. Fair play Maureen, a fabulous idea, much learning going on.
Niamh and Lisa’s SI classes visited Griffith Park yesterday to observe the river as part of their learning for science and geography this month. They also had a teddy bear’s picnic and played in the sunshine. Niamh
Chicks in ALC Green
Two weeks ago chick eggs arrived to the A.L.C. in an incubator. After a few daysthe eggs hatched and we had four fluffy, adorable baby chicks to enjoy. Everyone in the school had a chance to come and observe the chicks. The children were so quiet and calm around them that the chicks got really comfortable and started running around happily and even jumping into some kid’s laps to snuggle down! Kathy
Junior Infants had a wonderful trip to Newbridge Farm on Tuesday.
School Calendar for Academic Year 2023/2024
- School is closing at usual time on Friday 16th June 2023
- Please arrive to school on time as many classes are doing circle time and other learning activities at 8:40am, coming in later than this disrupts the whole class learning and means your child is missing out.
- Next week will be the last Thursday letter for 2022/2023.
Seo é Frása na Seachtaine:
Cén caitheamh aimsire is fearr leat? – What’s your favourite hobby?
Is fearr liom bheith ag __________. – My favourite hobby is ________.
Reminder for ECA’s for the remaining weeks of term
- ECA’s have been a great success this term and are normally due to finish the week ending Friday 23rd June, unless a make-up or additional class or was communicated by the teacher/provider.
- Please email the teacher/provider directly in advance if your child is going to miss an ECA. This reduces time spent checking the roll during the class and avoids the need for a phone call to check all is okay.
- All questions relating to specific ECA’s should be directed to the teacher/provider from the contact details in the timetable email. If you need help after this, please write to [email protected]directly. Questions should not be directed to the school mailbox or to a phone number which may have been a volunteer checking attendance on a past date.
Lastly, we are short a couple of volunteers for the remaining Thursdays & Fridays of term and would appreciate any help you can give – if you would be free to help check attendance and be around at 2:20 for the start of ECA’s, please email [email protected] and we’ll reach out to coordinate this. Thank you so much!
Parks Tennis in Albert College
Parks Tennis is a not-for-profit organisation running since 1977. Our aim is to bring affordable tennis lessons to children of all socio economic and ethnic backgrounds, who might not otherwise get to play the sport. We operate four coaching programmes throughout the year for children aged 5-17 (normally split into 3 separate age groups: 5-7, 8-10 and 11-17). Our lessons cost just €35 per week.
Our summer programme in Albert College Park, Glasnevin commences on Monday 10th July. In the past we were able to distribute leaflets and posters into schools; as this is no longer possible, we have very few ways to inform parents who may not be aware of our programme. To this end, we would greatly appreciate your help and support by sending the below “Notice for parents” either by a class WhatsApp or newsletter. We have kept the notice deliberately short to accommodate, but please feel free to abbreviate further if necessary.
Senior Infants in Griffith Park
Junior Infants School Tour to Newbridge Farm