Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
Thank you for your cooperation with maintaining safety at school. We are delighted with how the return to school is going. Staff have noticed the children really enjoying playing together on yard, being very inclusive and enjoying plenty of space.
When to keep your child at home
Please read the up to date guidelines from the HSE as to when to keep your child at home from school by clicking on this link https://www.hpsc.ie/az/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/guidance/educationguidance/Isolation%20quick%20guide.pdf
What to do if called to collect a child
Ring the buzzer on the gate.
You will be notified where to go to collect either
- Main Door or
- Take a left when you come in the gate, walk down the side of the school facing the main road, to the last classroom on the right at the end of the building.
Sign your child out in the book on the table outside the main door.
Recording Absences on Aladdin Connect App
Once the attendance is taken by the teacher in the morning you, the parent, can view the attendance and enter a reason for the absence. This replaces the absentee notes you used to send into the teacher after your child’s absence.
If a child is absent from school because he/she is
- staying at home as a precaution due to some symptoms
- awaiting a GP appointment for clarification on next steps
- awaiting a Covid test
please add a reason “Covid Related”.
If you are unable to add a reason please contact the school office and the change can be made by Nicky.
Contacting the School
It is only necessary to contact us if you have a confirmed case of Covid-19 in your home.
Safe Entry/Exiting to school
- Please note as the car gate is being used as an exit point for pedestrians, vigilance is required by all adults and children.
- Please be aware the school have a policy of no dogs on the school premises.
To avoid children wandering around outside the gate area or coming in and out of the premises
- If parents have arranged to meet their child at agreed point between yourselves, please try to be there on time.
- If older siblings are collecting younger siblings please collect from younger siblings collection point at a distance.
- 1st Class: If parents are collecting their child from 1st class please enter through the pedestrian gate, turn left, walk around the side of the school that face the road, collecting your child from their meeting point. To exit continue to walk in a one-way system on the path around by the bike shed, the carpark, stay inside the cones and out the large car gate.
- Senior Infants: Collect your child from the classroom door, walk through the ball court and around by the bike shed when exiting.
- Junior Infants: Collect your child from the classroom door and walk back the way you entered.
- All items in the Lost Property will be displayed outside the school gate at 1:20pm and 2:20pm on the last Friday of each month, as required. Please label all coats, hoodies, jackets to ensure any items lost can be returned to your child in class.
Our Active School focus this month is the ‘RUN Around Ireland’ Challenge. The aim is to visit the landmark sights of Ireland! Each class goes on a run around the school each day and then we add up the total distance at the end of the month to see which landmarks we have reached. The children are all enjoying being active again with their classes.
Thank you, Lisa and Colm, for organising.