Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
We’ve had a lovely start to the new school year and thanks for all your cooperation and support.
Esmay, from Ranga 4, participated in the World Street Dance championship and participated in the solos, duos and group dance. She came 5th in the World in the Duos with her partner. We’re all super proud of her. Esmay will preform at the next school assembly.
In November a new Board of Management will be formed serving a term of up to 4 years. This is open to all members of the parent body. Food for thought for now, further information to follow.
- As a Green School we strongly encourage our Travel Motto, “If its not too far leave the car”.
- Park and Stride parking is available on Griffith Avenue Extension, past the junction to Ballygall Road East and Griffith Avenue.
- Please keep the path outside school clear for other pedestrians, scooters, cyclists not attending our school.
- Park Scooters/Bikes at Designated Bike/Scooter Racks:
- Junior Infants, Senior Infants, 3rd, 4th and Sylvia’s 5th classes park bikes/scooters under the bike shed at the school yard.
- 1st, 2nd, 6th and Beccy’s 5th classes park their bikes/scooters under the trees at the side of the school. Please keep the path clear for Fire Exit. Additional bike and scooter racks will be provided in the next few weeks.
- Parking (see below Guidelines for Motorists/Pedestrians).
- Please be mindful of our neighbours when parking near homes opposite the school.
- Wait outside Pedestrian Gate at drop off/collection until bell rings.
- Nut Free School, check the ingredients of all lunch items and snacks. We have some children who have severe allergies.
Note: Soccer Tots has begun in the school hall on Saturdays. See below leaflet if you are interested in this for your pre-schoolers, all enquiries see leaflet.
- Please arrive to school on time as many classes are doing circle time and other learning activities at 8:40am, coming in later than this disrupts the whole class learning and means your child is missing out.
- Please see leaflet below in relation to upcoming developments in the Maths curriculum.
- St Aidans CBS Boys Secondary school will have an open evening on Thursday 21st September 6pm – 8:30pm.
- Smart Phone Parent Pact consultation process ongoing.
Frása na Seachtaine: “Cad is ainm duit? …is ainm dom.” – “What is your name? …is my name”
Lisa’s Senior Infants were very proud of their fabulous self portraits!
Guidance for Motorists and Pedestrians