Dear Parents and Guardians/A Thuismitheoirí agus a Chaomhnóirí,
As Martin said earlier today “This mulch won’t move itself”. We need a dozen volunteers to help in the morning. If you can even give a dig out for an hour we would be very grateful.
Thanks to those volunteers to who helped with the school garden plan, the plants are doing great in the classrooms.
Junior Entrepreneur Programme – Fair Day
Well done to 6th Class on a very successful fair. They worked very well as a team from developing the idea through production stage to sales.
Soccer & Hurling
Hurling team played St. Canices school yesterday and won their game. The girls’ soccer team won their match today by 5 goals.
• ET AGM is this Saturday in Stepaside ET at 10am. I will be representing our school at it, all are welcome.
• Next week is Autism awareness week and World Autism day is next Tuesday, we invite everyone to wear blue. There will be a number of activities carried out among classes.
• The community Garda will be in to the school on Thursday 11th April to give the 6th Class a talk on Cyber bullying
• Art Day Information: Please see Letter below for more information
Award RAKA RARA
Junior Infants Blue Marla Michael
Junior Infants Green Joseph Emilia
Senior Infants Blue Denise Adam
Senior Infants Green Carlos & Ella Conor & Ethan
1st Class Vicky Henry Arina
1st Class Ronan Monika & Georgie Grace
2nd Class Maeve Eva Penny
2nd Class Lisa Lola Noah
3rd Class Peter & Olivia Grace & Áine
4th Class Alice & Niamh Ezekiel
5th Class Emily, Jude & Seán Mary-Kate, Alex & Alexandra
6th Class Soffi Anna
ALC Green Ethan G Nathan
ALC Blue Rayan Grace
• As always children and parents from Glasnevin ET are welcome to come in through the pedestrian gate at 8:35am at the earliest and parents are responsible for their children at this time.
• Parking – re the school guidelines for motorists and pedestrians at drop off and pickup time all parents can use the set down area for set down only. Parking is only for school taxis and cars with disabled certificates issued by the school. Please make child minders and after school carers aware of this.
• Lost Property – please ensure your child’s name is on the jackets they wear to school as there is quite an amount of jackets in the lost property.
Frása na seachtaine : “Bain sult as an aimsir dheas” – Enjoy the lovely weather!
It might seem a little bit early in the year to start preparing for Autumn Fair (October 2019), but we want to make sure we have plenty of time to make this a rewarding day for all! Autumn Fair is the most important fund raiser for the school. Funds raised by Autumn Fair make Art Day happen, buy books for the library, provide equipment for the kids.
As a result there is going to be an initial meeting for parents/guardians of children currently in First Class (Ronan’s and Vicki’s class) on Thursday 11th April at 8:30pm in Tolka Pub. During this meeting we will form an Autumn Fair Committee and discuss everything Autumn Fair. All parents/guardians from the 2 classes are encouraged to come along to this initial meeting and share